Sat Feb 2
- Detroit (1-0) defeated Jacksonville 9-8 in their season-opener. A 2-minute unreleasable gave Jacksonville an opportunity to make a run in the final minutes, but Detroit held on for the win. From the UDM recap: "Junior Seth Mendell posted his fourth career hat trick with three goals, junior Alex Jarzembowski was 15-of-21 in faceoffs with five ground balls and scored his first two collegiate markers and sophomore Logan Shamblin tied his career high with 15 saves." Recap - Photos - More Photos
- Michigan-Dearborn (0-1) lost to Alma (0-0) 14-16 at Detroit Country Day. The game was close throughout. A strong 3rd quarter put Dearborn ahead, but Alma responded with a strong 4th to secure the win. From the Dearborn recap: "Last season's leading scorer Devon Callaghan started his senior season strong with six goals for the Wolverines, including three straight to erase a 7-4 deficit early in the third. Junior Ben Phillips moved to attack prior to the season. He finished with three goals and two assists for UM-Dearborn, while sophomore Adam Ranck added two goals and two assists." Recap - Photos - Game Video
Sat Feb 9
- Michigan (1-0, #20) visited Cleveland St. (0-2) on Saturday at 11 AM EST (MI preview). Michigan jumped out to a 7-0 lead and then held on to win 10-8 (Recap). Alex Buckanavage led the Wolverines with 3 goals and 2 assists. Michiganders Bryce Clay (#3, FR, FHC) and Ben Keller (#34, SO, EGR, tranfser from UMBC) are on Michigan's 2019 roster but didn't see action. Zach Schwartz (AA Skyline/IMG, didn't play in 2018 due to injury) and Ben Gjokaj (Walled Lake Central/Detroit Mercy, volunteer assistant coach) are no longer on Michigan's roster. Cleveland St. is coming off a 9-12 loss to Ohio St. (#16) in their season-opener. Michigander Nick Polydoras (#48, FR, Canton) had 2 shots and a GB vs Michigan. Drew Bailey (FHC), Nick Carter (FHC), Jack Dively (Bedford), and Garrett White (AA Pioneer) are all missing from CSU's roster this year.
- Calvin (0-0) vs Carthage (0-0) was postponed due to weather conditions.
- Albion (0-0) had a 14-12 scrimmage win over Oberlin (0-0) at Detroit Country Day. Freshmen Jace Conley and Noah Chwalibog from Orchard Lake made strong contributions for Albion.